Welcome to Fantasm's page. Here you can get some basic information, a look at some of the manuals and download a demo and some examples to try out. Please note that 5.1 is currently being released and a lot of this page is out of date. A demo of Fantasm 5.1 is now available for download (click the demo button further down the page).
Items marked with a * below require that Fantasm 5 is running on a PowerMac or PowerPC based clone
Ease of use
Speed and simplicity
What you need
In short, if you need to accelerate something, then this is what you need. If you need to write a game that'll run on even "low end" Macs, this is what you need. If you need to write real time code, this is what you need. If you like writing in a simple, elegant, friendly and fast environment, this is what you need.
What Fantasm 5 needs
A fast 030 or 040 based Mac or preferably a PowerMac or clone.
4 Megs of free memory to run and Build. More for more complex projects. CDROM drive required for installation.
What's on the CD?
Click here for CD information,
All prices are quoted in US Dollars and UK pounds and include postage
There are three purchasing options:
1. Fantasm 5 - $122/£76. Full package for PowerPC and 68K development.
2. Fantasm 5 (full) (concession price) - $76/£45 If you are a full time student or under 18 or unemployed or on low income subsidies then you may pay this price and still get the full package. We require no proof of your status; we rely on your integrity and honesty as a fellow Macintosh supporter. This option is currently only available by using the "register" program included in the demo and emailing or sending it's output to Kagi.
3. Upgrade from Fantasm 4 to Fantasm 5 - $54/£32.
You can pay using the following methods:
a. Use the Register Fantasm program. It will accept cheques, cash or credit cards. Currently you need to use this method to get the concession price. You can email or send its output to Kagi.
b. You may order on-line if you have a credit card.
c. By filling out the form found in the demo and sending it to our postal address along with payment.
Site licensee enquiries should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Fantasm 5 (not Lite version) also comes with a one year subscription to our upgrade service whereby we either email or send upgraded and new tools to you as they become available. If the size is relatively small we will email right to your mail box. In the case of a larger change, we will send you a new CD.
Availability and ordering
Fantasm 5.1 is now available. You can order either on-line (see link above) or via the Register program included in the demo. Payment by cheque( or check) is fine, but if the cheque is made out in your own currency (i.e. not pounds sterling) please add on the equivalent of three (3) UK pounds to cover conversion costs. Send your cheque to our normal address.
A new version 5.1 demo is available by clicking the demo link above. The demo has limitations imposed on it as follows:
1. Won't boot after 30 days.
2. No documentation is included with the demo but help is available from the Help menu and additional documentation is available for download by clicking the "Docs" link above.
3. Limited to the amount of code you can produce.
4. This is a 68K build - it is not FAT unlike the real thing.
Apart from that it is fully functional. Examples included.